Old 04-21-06, 07:55 AM
STEEKER
dam this is fun !

Bikes: Hurricane Low Racer ! and a Masi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
[QUOTE=darkmother]Sounds like the 1st guy got the right hook from a truck. I wonder if there are ever any charges laid in these types of cases?

There are SELDOM any charges laid agaist the drivers and if they are any the fines are small and charges are nothing just your basic kill a cycelist and get away with it, don't belive me then check with people at ARC http://www.respect.to/wiki/ And below is from Matrino bike lane Blog more proof ... Driver who hit cyclist loses licence

CBC News
A 62-year-old motorist from Victoria who ran over a cyclist has lost his right to drive for a year after being found guilty of dangerous driving.

Robert Fayle was accused of deliberately swerving into Darwyn Rowland on a semi-rural road in Saanich a year and a half ago.

He was originally charged with assault with a weapon and dangerous driving, but the judge found him not guilty of assault.

Fayle was given an 18-month conditional sentence. ordered to perform 80 hours of community service and had his driver's licence suspended for a year.

The court was told that Fayle was arguing with two other cyclists just before the incident.

Rowland suffered a collapsed lung and ankle injury, and had to have shoulder surgery.

Last edited by STEEKER; 04-21-06 at 08:24 AM.