Digital Gee
I need more cowbell.

Bikes: 2015 Specialized Sirrus Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
Nope. Just understand that potential cyclists are driven away in droves in North America by self proclaimed serious cyclists (and related marketeers) imbued with the significance of the cult of performance/fitness. Obviously those obsessed with themselves and their performance don't have any problem at all. especially when the clique shares a common case of the cutsies.
I would like to meet ONE potential cyclist who was driven away in a drove (or a huff, or even a snit) by the various posts on the 50+ forum. As someone who stumbled back into cycling last year with no friends who did it who could give me any advice, it was the 50+ forum specifically that helped me stay motivated, gave me good advice, offered me the hand of fellowship, and gave me a place to connect to people my age (or a even a lot older, like that guy in Colorado...).

Now, if there was no 50+ forum, I don't know if I would have stuck with it. Perhaps, perhaps not. The other BF forums (fora?) are simply not as engaging, friendly, or inclusive to me. YMMV, of course. But I love the diversity of riders, the knowledge base, the friendly teasing and banter, the sharing and all the rest that goes on in 50+. Not every post has something valuable for me, but those which don't, I simply skip.

Anyway -- love to hear from someone (other than I-Like-To-Bike) who finds the 50+ forum off-putting.

Proud member of the original Club Tombay