View Single Post
Old 04-22-06, 02:16 PM
Bike Lover
Should be riding

Bikes: C-dale- moutain, Pedal Force RS- Campy Record, Quiring Ti XTR, Red line Monocog, S E F@r

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the link.

- When BYETTA is used with a medicine that contains a sulfonylurea, low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) is a possible side effect. The dose of your sulfonylurea medicine may need to be reduced while you use BYETTA.

- Other common side effects with BYETTA include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness, headache, feeling jittery, and acid stomach. Nausea is most common when first starting BYETTA, but decreases over time in most patients.

The first essentially answers my question, if it can lead to hypo, it definately will not help the condition. The second I posted for you. I would try to ride with someone at least the first few rides, taking it easy to see how it'll affect you. I would only do this after at least a week on the medicine to see if you're getting any of those symptoms. Of course, that's just my unprofessional medical opinion so it's not a medical opinion.

BTW- with hypo, as I'm sure you know, the side affect of hypo is possibly passing out. I have only experienced this once, which lead to my diagnosis. The only thing I've personally felt though is the tired "bonk" feeling.

Hope this helps.