View Single Post
Old 04-22-06, 05:15 PM
Poguemahone
Vello Kombi, baby

Bikes: 1973 Eisentraut; 1970s Richard Sachs; 1978 Alfio Bonnano; 1967 Peugeot PX10

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Lung, this is all a new addition, the road was repaved in the last two weeks (no fun to ride, they ate up the old pavement and for a while it was Paris-Robaiuax or however you spell that ). Restriped on Thursday. However, I really do want to talk to the designer of this and figure out the intent. Without the marking, it's hard to figure, and they add signage later to these projects. The city has started adding them to road construction projects in the last six months or so; they're mostly unlinked. Check out Lombardy by VUU for an example (as I recall, it took a while to mark 'em there after the intitial painting). Chesterfield has some pretty good ones, ride out Iron Bridge road sometime. There's a number of them, they keep them clean and well marked, with good signage. I like riding in them. I don't like this one.
The section under the bridge is certainly intended as a BL. I'm not as certain with the area in front of the ABC HQ-- no one's going to ride in that. Neither is particularly good, in my opinion. The vision lines under that bridge are bad-- ride the BL and tell me it ain't so. I'd like to talk to the person co-ordinating the design of these things; it'd be good to give them some cyclist FB.

This is good, it calms me down a bit... I'd like to thank all of you for pointing out various issues and letting me rant. Get it out of my system, because when I talk to these folks I really want to be calm and rational. If the stretch in front of the ABC is not intended as BL, I'll let you guys know.

Waste your money! Buy my comic book!