Old 04-22-06, 07:18 PM
noisebeam
Arizona Dessert

Bikes: Cannondale SuperSix, Lemond Poprad. Retired: Jamis Sputnik, Centurion LeMans Fixed, Diamond Back ascent ex

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5345 Post(s)
Liked 2,169 Times in 1,288 Posts
Originally Posted by Roody
Actually, I think it's more inconvenient to go into the store or restaurant when riding than when in a car. But I never have liked drivethroughs, and most don't allow bikes anyway. So I just go through the whole rack'n'lock routine every time.

If I was going to get irate about these joints, it wouldn't be because they don't allow bikes in the drivethrough. It would be because they don't have proper bike racks.
I mainly posted the article as it another look at how car centric things are getting, but also as it gives perspective on wasting resouces just for 'convienience' - idling cars. - and then reading it got the thought that things could go even more car centric, maybe even one may have to do business at some places thru drive thru only. I can't think of a place I would want to visit that has drive thru, perhaps a bank, but even then I prefer to go to the counter. But fast food, liquor stores, don't visit them much if at all.
Totally agree with jamesdenver on the public places thing, the community presence, people bumping shoulders. Great places to be, but not many round here.
Al