Old 04-23-06, 12:01 PM
TheDTrain
JOCP Lives!

Bikes: 2005 Felt F90 (my pride and joy)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Um, what gets covered is what's popular and what gets read. Stop being so whiny and arrogant. Just because you or I like it doesn't mean the same for everyone else. Cycling and soccer just isn't as popular here as updates on baseball or basketball. People, me included, read about that stuff and newspapers dedicate what they covered on the basis of popularity and how many people want to read about it? They get plenty of public opinion, but for every one letter from us asking for more cycling, they get 100 letters asking for more coverage on baseball or football. What do you expect them to do? They're are only that many writers on a newspaper, and only that many pages that get published.

One day if cycling or soccer or ping-pong gets that popular in the US, you'll get plenty of articles on this cyclist's groin injury or bad knees "I'm day to day." "I'll give it 110% in the TdG."

It's supply and demand, cycling just isn't popular enough here. I would like it to be, I love cycling, but that's just how it is. We're the minority, deal with it.