Old 04-27-06, 02:23 PM
Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
When I lived in Winnipeg, my LBSs consisted of about 10 bicycle shops and the local MEC. I bought most of my accessories at the MEC, and bought my bicycles, and a few other things at the LBSs. I also used Nashbar to supplement what I couldn't get at my LBS or MEC.

Now I haven't got much in the way of LBSs at all, and the "local" MEC is 100 miles away, so I find myself purchasing stuff from bicycle shops when I travel, or ordering online.

HOWEVER, I refuse to buy anything from E-Bay! I can't understand how people can use that, or why they would want to! I've gone in and looked at things, but to me, it looks like the biggest scam I've ever laid eyes on! Maybe I don't understand the whole thing, but to me it looks like anyone could take a picture of anything they happen to see somewhere, post it with a bit of a description, then people bid on it, one unlucky person hands over a bunch of cash with paypal (another scam, IMO), and the person who took the photo has scored a whole pile of cash all for the price of a photograph.

I'll stick to real stores, thank you.