View Single Post
Old 06-09-03, 07:08 PM
moabrider47
I ride a REAL Schwinn!

Bikes: Lemond Nevada City (stock), '00 Schwinn Moab 3 (very upgraded)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
As for cleats, you'll have to go with whatever your pedals are compatible with (SPD, Time, Speedplay, etc.). For brakepads, I'm currently running Shimano's that I'm not as happy with as Kool-stops in terms of stopping power. The Kool-stops had a habit of squealing on my bike, whereas the Shimanos do not. It could be the pad material or design. I know that the majority of people I know/meet up with run Kool-stops. I don't think you could go wrong with a SRAM cassette. Don't know if your bike is an MTB or a road, but I have always had great luck with my SRAM 7.0 cassette. It's supposed to be identical to the 9.0 except for weight. It's turned out to be real durable. I am running a PC-69 chain on my MTB. Saddles are a real personal thing. Something that works great for me might be the most uncomfortable piece of plastic and leather you've ever sat on. I run a Selle San Marco because the price was right and it has ended up suiting me fine. Finding the right saddle is going to be a trial and error process.

-Moab

EDIT: This is the mountain biking forum, so I would assume your talking about a mountain bike. I typed this before you listed it as a Gary Fisher.