View Single Post
Old 04-30-06, 10:29 AM
spacecadet

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Psimet2001
Not a bad buy....the original MSRP for those was around $179. That pedal does have an aluminum body though which I can tell you from personal experience, has a tendency to develop a bad squeek.

Look came out with a "bi-material" cleat that helps to resolve that squeek better than just using lube. Here's an example of it Cleat. I would suggest acquiring these is you buy that pedal and end up developing a squeek. It could take a couple of hundred miles to develop so just ride out with the arc cleat that the pedal comes with.
I actually think these are the red cleats that I just bought (before I ordered the A5.1's). I have ordered the A5.1's. I'll give 'em a try. One negative I have read from some reviews is the difficulty in releasing due to higher spring tension. I'm wondering if it may have something to do with leg length and physical anatomy (besides strength of course). Someone with longer legs may not notice the extra force required to release, due to more torque being generated by virtue of a longer lever arm. Thanks everyone for your input