Old 05-01-06, 08:35 PM
Cyclaholic
CRIKEY!!!!!!!

Bikes: several

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1589 Post(s)
Liked 687 Times in 365 Posts
I had an unscheduled dismount last night on the way home. At about mile 26 i have a short descent where i hit about 40mph, at the bottom I take a right hand sweeper, it had just started drizzling rain and as I took the right hander at around 27mph both wheels started sliding out from under me, but the rear found traction again almost immediately - that's when cycling turned into pole vaulting! I did a classic superman through the air, had enough air time to quickly check over my shoulder for traffic and sure enough there's a big truck right behind me hard on its brakes (isn't it weird how that split second seems to go into slow motion?). I landed on my belly, forearms, and thighs, and slid about 10 feet. No damage except for a fingernail sized road rash on each knee. The bike made it except for one smashed xenon tail light and a slightly bent brake lever.

The truck driver was a gentleman, he stopped and came over to see that I was OK, even offered me a lift home which I thanked him for but declined.

I rode home high on adrenalin, what a rush!