View Single Post
Old 05-03-06, 01:38 PM
Banzai
Jet Jockey

Bikes: Cannondale CAAD9, Ritchey Breakaway Cross, Nashbar X-frame bike, Bike Friday Haul-a-Day, Surly Pugsley.

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 382 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 25 Posts
Zero. Zilch. Nada.

I don't try to convert...but people have lots of questions, and I try to give cheerful explanations.

I find that most of the questions are about their own doubts, and wondering how you overcome said difficulty. When you give a good explanation, they usually will grind their logic (or illogic) gears either attempting to refute what you just told them (at least as it could potentially relate to them personally), or quickly coming up with somthing like; "oh...well...still, I could never do that because...(fill in new excuse that is not phrased in the form of a question.)"

One guy I've persuaded to ride in with me 2 times in a year. It was strange to me what a monumental undertaking and rolicking morning adventure this was for him.

This morning would have been his 3rd...but stuff came up that he had to call in to work. He did, however, ride his bike to our agreed upon meeting spot to tell me he couldn't make it!