Old 05-04-06, 06:09 AM
Saintly Loser

Bikes: Nothing special, but it works.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by oboeguy
WWCs inspire a feeling of road rage in me. The one time I made a point of being heard the dude was not happy to hear it. I posted about it here for sure. I don't recall the exact details but I said something along the lines of "plenty of streets that go in the right direction for ya" and the obviously pissed commuter said in a whiny voice "keep yer comments to yerself". Whatever, dude, I hope you got a ticket from the cops in Times Sq (it was a block or two from there).
I think the NYC cops couldn't be bothered to ticket anyone for riding a bike the wrong way. Of course, they're perfectly happy to write tickets for not having a bell and reflectors (really).

Most of the WWCs that I've encountered are food delivery guys (the messengers seem to be better about riding the right way). They've got a couple of bags of Chinese food hanging off the handlebars of a (no doubt stolen) mountain bike with homemade fenders, and they're going to take the shortest route to their destination no matter what. I try to remember that these guys work like dogs in all weather for very little money, but still, it's annoying.