phoenix1169
Back in the saddle again

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Need help mapping route - DC metro area

Hey folks,

My husband and I have decided to do a bike/metro commute since the weather has turned much nicer and it is far too expensive to fill up our tanks.

We live right over the DC/MD border in PG County and are close to both green and red line trains (West Hyattsville, Brookland, and Rhode Island.)

I have it a bit easier than he does, because I'm coming down to Virginia. But my husband is traveling up Colesville Road in Silver Spring (the 13000 block).

We are trying to find a (semi) safe route for him to take. He realizes that he will probably need to bike to a metro and then bike from a metro. But we are having a bit of a time figuring out which trains he should take. My main concern is Colesville Road because it always so busy and people drive rather recklessly.

I tried looking at the Montgomery County trail maps, but since they only show section by section, I couldn't figure out if or how the trails connected.

If anyone knows either a way he could take or some sites I could hit that will give me better information I'd be really greatful.

Thanks.

phoenix