oboeguy
34x25 FTW!

Bikes: Kona Jake, Scott CR1, Dahon SpeedPro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Saintly Loser
I think the NYC cops couldn't be bothered to ticket anyone for riding a bike the wrong way. Of course, they're perfectly happy to write tickets for not having a bell and reflectors (really).

Most of the WWCs that I've encountered are food delivery guys (the messengers seem to be better about riding the right way). They've got a couple of bags of Chinese food hanging off the handlebars of a (no doubt stolen) mountain bike with homemade fenders, and they're going to take the shortest route to their destination no matter what. I try to remember that these guys work like dogs in all weather for very little money, but still, it's annoying.
That reminds me... yesterday I was headed out over the GWB to do some intervals (working from home these days). A Domino's delivery guy is drafting me on Fort Washington (no kidding) as I approach 177th from the north. As I slow down to make the turn, Domino man starts a little dance, unable to decide whether to go around me to the right (stupid) or left or simply wait for me to make the turn. Well Einstein decides after feinting left, making me think it's safe to dive into my right turn to squeeze in on the right, nearly causing an ugly collision. I screamed at him, of course, and he looked back confused as if he'd done nothing wrong. Note that I had CLEARLY signalled my turn to him with my arm, and was keeping careful track of his little dance with my mirror too. Grrrr!