Old 05-04-06, 06:11 PM
tulip

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by phoenix1169
Hey folks,

My husband and I have decided to do a bike/metro commute since the weather has turned much nicer and it is far too expensive to fill up our tanks.

We live right over the DC/MD border in PG County and are close to both green and red line trains (West Hyattsville, Brookland, and Rhode Island.)

I have it a bit easier than he does, because I'm coming down to Virginia. But my husband is traveling up Colesville Road in Silver Spring (the 13000 block).

We are trying to find a (semi) safe route for him to take. He realizes that he will probably need to bike to a metro and then bike from a metro. But we are having a bit of a time figuring out which trains he should take. My main concern is Colesville Road because it always so busy and people drive rather recklessly.

I tried looking at the Montgomery County trail maps, but since they only show section by section, I couldn't figure out if or how the trails connected.

If anyone knows either a way he could take or some sites I could hit that will give me better information I'd be really greatful.

Thanks.

phoenix
Hi neighbor! I live in MR, too (although DC is in my user name, gotta change that). What part of Silver Spring? You can take the NW Branch Trail to Sligo Creek Trail that takes you pretty close to the SS Metro (have to go up a hill at something Valley to Sligo Avenue (not Parkway)) Where on Colesville does the DH work?

So, you go to Va? Me too. Perhaps I'll see you on the way to work sometime