Thread: Major Taylor
View Single Post
Old 05-07-06, 09:21 AM
ZachS
\||||||/

Bikes: highly modified specialized crossroads and GT hybrid (really a [formerly] 12-speed bmx cruiser, made before 'hybrid' took on its current meaning), as yet unmodified redline 925, couple of other projects

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by paul_in_toronto
Worcester

right sure

Listen kids, its funny that you americans are all GA GA over major taylor..years later now that he is dead.

The cold reality is, and perhaps this is left out of your american history books (along with other things your goverment doesnt want you knowing about) He was not allowed to race in the united states.

So he ended up over here in canada. I think racing at maple leaf gardens here in toronto and other places. And europe. He's kind of an important figure here, well because we accepted him.
What a laugh. Yeah, he faced incredible racism - but he raced in the US all the time, at least according to one American history book - his autobiography. Then he ended up in France. I'm sure he was in Canada too, and I'm sure he received much better treatment there. But he raced and rose to prominence in the US.

Originally Posted by Tmax1
Only because he beat every one and the race promoters were incahoots with the then sanctioning bodies.

Not because his skin was brown.
If you honestly believe this, you're a racist and an idiot.

Originally Posted by Tmax1
in Alabama
ahh. maybe that explains it.