View Single Post
Old 05-08-06, 09:31 PM
Jeffbeerman2

Bikes: Surly Crosscheck w Nexus 8 drivetrain set up as a commuter/tourer. Old and quick '89 Trek 1200. 08 Fisher Cobia 29er

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mechBgon
What sort of runtime do you get, or have you determined that yet?
I have never run them dead yet, but I haven't given them a hard test either. I have run them about 90 mins so far, at the longest but had a bright beam at that point. Like I pointed out in my original post: they run on AAs. I have a lightweight backup if they give up. The light is overpriced, like I stated above; but they are perfect (and therefore a value) for the way I cycle. I ride to work 3 or 4 days per week. the light always lives on my handlebar and I can get home safely if necessary within 20 miles of my home. Even if I get nuts and find myself having a good time after dark at a greater distance, I can stop at a convenience store and buy batteries to last another 90 minutes for about $3.

These are great commuter lights but they are overpriced. They give off light similar to a 10 Watt halogen. Problem is that I haven't found anything better for the way I ride.

the lamp makes your bike useful in total darkness at 10-15mph. If the stock battery dies, you can get backup juice anywhere for very little $. Its a great light. Perhaps I'm only excited about them because I have tried to get along with the Nite Rider Halogens for too long, but the style, tiny size, and widely available extended power make them a winner for me personally. It makes me sick that I gave $180 for a tiny flashlight (on sale), but I love the damned thing.

It's just my two cents