jfmckenna
Tiocfáidh ár Lá

Bikes: A whole bunch-a bikes.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 463 Post(s)
Liked 123 Times in 76 Posts
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus

My discharge from the ER posed another dilemma, as all I had for clothing was wet bibs and a jersey. All the hospital had was a set of used long johns...so, for the capstone visual of this little story. Picture me, walking through the packed hospital lobby, with a glorious shiner, a face full of blood, scrapes and stitches...in long johns, and 5 size too small hospital footies. As the waiting people stared at me I formed what I believe to be a pretty accurate description of their picture of me: "Someone must have kicked his ass, and stripped him...dang..."

All told, the damage done is:

Me: 5 stitches, minor road rash. No big deal, the worst part is constantly having to explain that nobody beat me up
Bike: Ruined frame on my Litespeed Vela. Bent Ksyrium SSC SL front wheel. Big ouch.

Thats racing I suppose...hopefully I'll be back racing this weekend or next.
LOL

Yikes!!! I am glad I decided to bag it. Hope you get well and have another bike to ride...

Originally Posted by adxm
Bummer man, at least you have a good attitude about it. My first and only crash racing was in the rain, on a treacherous RR descent, a few months ago. A rider off the front had gone over a guardrail on a blind turn and the support van parked in the middle of the road after the blind turn... I can't see racing again in the rain, for a while at least... Will you?
Tour of Shenendoah by any chance?