View Single Post
Old 05-12-06, 01:18 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Old Hammer Boy
So, this Sunday is Mother's day. But you knew that. Last week I asked my stoker/wife what she wanted to do for this special day. I suggested a nice brunch at an upscale place near our house, or perhaps something on Saturday night like a nice dinner out and a concert, or...whatever. Well, her choice was to do a Saturday 40 mile club ride, and then on Sunday, a metric century, both on our tandem. Like I said, I'm a lucky guy. Our club is presenting a series of rides called the "mini-me" (mini metric). The series includes 12 rides, and last Saturday we did our first of the series. If a club member completes 6 of the 12 rides, they will be awarded a nice T-shirt.

Next Saturday is our first full century (Salt Lake City Century) and then in two more weeks, wifie will ride solo in The Little Red Riding Hood Century in northern Utah. Little Red is the only women-only full century in the U.S. and it's a great ride up in the beautiful Cache Valley. I sag for it, and it's certainly a pleasure watching 300-400 women have a good time on bikes. Ain't life great??!!

I am in a fortunate place over here as in the UK it is the Kids that treat mother. I know that until they start earning- the father has to pay, and after that it is just reminder time. But then I still have a mother that I have to think of and if I forget that one- boy am I in trouble. Incidentally We also have Fathers day over here- Presume it is the same with you. I think the family are still paying for the last present they bought me as it was a Hammock. Not one of the fancy ones in a frame- A Real Garden Hammock you swing between two trees. Once that comes out for the summer- I keep reminding the family who bought it- For whom and for what reason. And as I am in the thing- Go get get another couple of beers.

Spike Milligan