View Single Post
Old 05-12-06, 08:11 PM
well biked

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked 162 Times in 89 Posts
Originally Posted by broomhandlde
this is a pretty nice bike, a little small, but hey its a MTB bike. this has Shimano Exage Sport too? is that good? it even has a U-Brake on the back. im fixing the bars, and shifters, somebody took off the index and put on friction, but they included the original index thumb shifters. go fig. this bike alos has really strange hubs.
Shogun had a very nice mountain bike (I thought it was nice, anyway) called the Prairie Breaker......The Exage stuff on mountain bikes is pretty much entry level, I believe it should be specified "Exage Mountain," as there was ( still is?) an Exage road group also. As far as the shifters go, of all the shifters I've ever used, I have to say the indexed thumb shifters are my least favorites. The ones I've used, particularly the front shifter, seemed very weak, like it just wasn't strong enough to stand the force necessary to move the chain to the big ring. Maybe that's why the previous owner changed to friction shifting on that bike, some of those early indexed thumb shifters left a lot to be desired, in my opinion.