Thread: Toronto Fixed
View Single Post
Old 05-14-06, 11:10 AM
somnambulant
So I says to Mable I says

Bikes: '05 Urbanite Fixie, '06 Lemond Croix de Fer, '06 Jamis Dragon Pro, '07 IRO Bikeforums Track, '07 Planet-X Uncle John

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eyefloater
Edit: I may have been fast at times, but there was another fixed rider (namely, Somna) who dropped me on some climbs near the end of the day.
It's funny though, because when we first started riding from the rest stop and you were on my ass and said to go faster or something (I didn't know if you were joking) I was pretty well at my fast-cruising pace, so I couldn't really go faster just due to gearing. But then when we turned South onto Dufferin things totally changed. I don't know why! What gear ratio are you running? 48x18 or something right? I'm running 46x16... maybe that was the difference in the hills.

And yeah, as per our conversation yesterday, I really want to build up something less practical and much lighter as well. I keep thinking that it would be nice to do all my training on the heavier commuter and then do the full ride on something lighter. It would feel like I have wings.

More of you guys should come out again though.. it was great seeing you all! Not to mention that I wasn't the only fixie for once.