Old 05-17-06, 09:49 AM
cyccommute 
Mad bike riding scientist

Bikes: Some silver ones, a red one, a black and orange one, and a few titanium ones

Mentioned: 152 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6219 Post(s)
Liked 4,218 Times in 2,365 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocket Dawg
Hey I'm with you on that! Here's a link if anyone is interested:

http://specialized.com/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=12983

This is a for-sure purchase so I'm definitely listening.

Chuck
I can't tell if the chainstay protector is a wrap around protector or the cheap vinyl thing that most manufacturers use. If it isn't a wrap around one, buy a Lizard Skin. ('Buy' it. They already gave you $200 off )

I agree that the grips suck but then I think all the grips out there suck. Most of them have about as much cushion as the aluminum bar underneath. I'd replace them with Grab-ons but those are very old school. They feel better and grip better than any of the rubber ones I've ever tried but that's just my opinion

You might want to look at barends also. (Again 'buy' them!) They give you more options on hand position so that your hands don't go numb.

Keep the 520 pedals unless you have other bikes with different pedals. They are a good cheap pedal that do the job they were meant to do. There are lots of other pedals out there (Eggbeaters, Time, Speedplay, etc.) but few of them work as well for as cheap as the 520 (roughly $50). If this is your only bike, look into the others but if you have multiple bikes, go with the 520s.
Gold Fever Three days of dirt in Colorado
Pokin' around the Poconos A cold ride around Lake Erie
Dinosaurs in Colorado A mountain bike guide to the Purgatory Canyon dinosaur trackway
Solo Without Pie. The search for pie in the Midwest.
Picking the Scablands. Washington and Oregon, 2005. Pie and spiders on the Columbia River!