View Single Post
Old 05-17-06, 03:12 PM
legot73
meep!

Bikes: 2006 Kona Jake, 2005 Giant Lite Xtracycle, 2004 Trek L200, 1997 Specialized RockHopper FS, 1989 Trek 950

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Old Dirt Hill
I do it this way: pants layed out folded in half (knees touching, not ankles/waste) and then lay the shirt on top of that, again folded in half (at the buttons). I then put an undershirt and boxers/socks at the bottom of the pants and do one big roll-up. Stick that in a plastic bag and voila! you have less wrinkles than if you had driven to work.

I have found that the underwear at the bottom of the pants (and therefore, the center of the roll) is essential to making sure your shirt doesn't get wrinkled. It creates a bit of a core for everything to roll onto, which decreases wrinkles at the bottom of the shirt...even though that part ends up tucked in anyway.

I can post pictures and diagrams if a more detailed how-to is requested.
+1
Only difference is I roll the full length of the pants, and fold the shirt in thirds over the front, which keeps the collar from getting crimped. If you have showers, put the shirt on a hanger near the showers. Warm humid air takes any non-creased wrinkles out.

I also found that underwear core trick, and agree that it makes a huge difference.