View Single Post
Old 05-19-06, 08:56 PM
KDB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks Guys! I have been reading Sheldon Brown's web page quite a bit over the last few days; so much good stuff he has put up...

Any way, the Tange Cups did come with a lockring. They actually had 2 sets and now I wonder if I shouldn't have picked up the second set just to have as a spare. Ah well, can't always think of everything at once

I checked the frame out this evening. There are serial numbers on the underside of the BB: there are 2 sets of numbers, one set is engraved into the frame, the others are printed on a piece of paper that is glued to the frame and they read as follows:

Engraved: B0010721
paper: 5245985
PKN10E60

The good news: the paint is in much better shape than I had thought. If I can match it, I can touch it up w/o too much difficulty. And, there are no signs of rust anywhere, no dents, dings, nothing to indicate the frame was abused or misused...all looks pretty good.

The not so good news, there is no head set! I had, for some reason, assumed I was getting the original head set...my error...the ebay seller clearly said "frame only"; so now I need to learn about French head sets as well

So, I plan continue my search for an axle and then a crank set. I am tempted to call Harris Cyclery and take them up on the Sugino crank and a matching spindle as advertised on their web page...thougths? Also, any ideas on the head set are also greatly appreciated.

Kevin