DrPete 
Dirt-riding heretic

Bikes: Lynskey R230/Red, Blue Triad SL/Red, Cannondale Scalpel 3/X9

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by DTSMA68
Has anyone experienced problems with cuts with these tires? I put 5,000 miles on the Aramdillo tires without any flats. Two weeks ago, I decided to upgrade to the Michelin Pro Race 2. The tire is two weeks old and I have to throw it away due to a 1" gash/cut across the tire. The tires are a big difference over the armadillos in the way they handle, but I can't afford to replace one every two weeks or so. I'll buy another and if it doesn't last long, I'll be going back to the armadillos or may try the Continental Gatorskins. I like the different colors of the Michelin tires. The color accents the bike well. If the armadillo came in blue, I would still be riding on the armadillo.
Yeah, my fiancee's Flyte came with a pair of Pro2 Races, and within 30 miles of owning them they took a big cut in the sidewall. Bad luck, sure, but we've since switched to the Krylion Carbon. It's a nice, fast-rolling tire, and the sacrifice in rolling resistance to the Pro2 is worth the added security and flat protection.

DrPete