Thread: wheels
View Single Post
Old 06-22-03, 01:27 AM
froze
Banned.

Bikes: 84 Trek 660 Suntour Superbe; 87 Giant Rincon Shimano XT; 07 Mercian Vincitore Campy Veloce

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Late is right; I use and brag about the quality of the Torelli's, I have the Master Series rims that weigh 425 grams are double walled and use double eyelits just like the Mavic Open Pros but cost only $39 each. I use a 36 hole rim for durablity, but for racing you could go 32. I use DT Revolution spokes in the front and DT Competition in the rear (brass nipples) and neither wheel rarely goes out of true even just a tad and my streets where I live are rough! I now have over 30,000 miles on these rims and they are just fine; whereas the Mavics I had before did not last as long and I had to true them more often (one died when I hit a railroad crossing and cracked the weld so I got new rims all around).

As an option you could also use Sun Assault rims, they too are double walled and double eyelited and weigh about 430 grams, but these rims are more aero design then the Torelli's and look like the Mavic CXP-33 but cheaper and lighter.

Also, you could use Sapim bladed CX-Ray spokes for more aero effects and they are made for round holed hubs, but use their Polyax nipples if you go this route.