View Single Post
Old 05-24-06, 04:53 AM
Tom Stormcrowe
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.

Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Retem
sorry to be miss understood .. it has been my experience that people lower their saddle to fix the problem of getting the bars and saddle level or comfortable

sorry to sound like I am repeating myself but althought the trek is a really nice bike it is an al and caron combo / aluminum frame carbon forks

these bikes tend to be really stiff it is a good thing but a little harsh on the rider at first until you get used to riding a road bike

btw nice bike man and welcome to road cycling it is alot faster than a sluggish mtb

most of the guys I know that are recent converts I tell to go with steel first then carbon or al
and alot of cycle trainers will tell you to ride steel if you are older than say 45 because it is easier on your body but it is also all about preference at my size and weight a couple of ounces or pounds aren't really going to kill me
Not a prblm! Personally, I love my 531 alloy frame! I'm very much old school with a late 80's Raleigh w/ Friction shifters. My riding position is HB lower than the saddle, but that's personal choice. I can tuck down into the drops and get fast as hell on a DH and have plenty of pulling power going up. Granted, after 85 or so miles, I need to stretch out some, but what can I say?

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant