Old 05-24-06, 07:56 AM
elysdean

Bikes: Desalvo custom MTB; 96 Klein Quantum II road bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bad Luck

Anyone else having really bad luck this season???

I had big goals for this season, including racing and hopefully doing well in two local series, one 3 race series and one 6 race series. The race director of one of the 6 race series couldn't make up there mind of when to have there race (changed the date 5 times before settling on the weekend of one of the 3 race series I was signed up to do WTF!!!). So that made doing well 6 race series very difficult. Then on April 30th I passed out after a sprint on the road bike and crashed hard. This caused me to miss my next two races (one in each series, totally sinking doing well in the 6 race series and hurting my chances in the 3 race).

I just had a follow up doctor's appointment from my crash and they have realized that I also managed to crack a rib in the crash and to expect it to take another 3 weeks to heal (and I was wondering why breathing deep on my rides hurt like hell ). I can still do my next race in less than two weeks (3 race series), but don't expect to be at 100%. So now I'm totally sunk in both series.

I apologies for all the whining, but I just had to vent my frustrations and see if anyone else was having bad luck this season.

Cheers!!

Scott