jfmckenna
Tiocfáidh ár Lá

Bikes: A whole bunch-a bikes.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 460 Post(s)
Liked 123 Times in 76 Posts
Originally Posted by aikigreg
You mean you think they are too harsh? You've got to be joking. If someone is that much of a lush, they need to sit at home and never get behind the wheel for any reason, ever.
Yes I do think they are too harsh. I think in my state it is .08 but wow in California it's .04 that's the joke here. You can't even use mouth wash before you go to work. It totally depends on the person and how there body handles alcohol. And yes I think the lushes should stay off the road but if I go to a bar and have two or even 3 beers I am definitely not dangerous on the road.

Furthermore what it has done is put more power into the hands of the police. I know for a fact that they are under pressure to arrest DUI and are actually rewarded for doing so. I also know for a fact that a friend of mine was falsely arrested for DUI probably for this very reason. It cost him over 10 thousand dollars and over a year of his life to finally get it through the courts where they cited the cop who falsely arrested him. I also do not appreciate the law assuming that I am guilty and or potentially charging me for a crime that I might commit but have not committed yet. Road blocks are a common thing on our highways now. It's like living in a police state. Ihre Papiere bitte. They pull you over for no cause just to check you papers.