View Single Post
Old 05-24-06, 05:39 PM
hardtailrider66

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hey guys-ok i actually have a voodoo shango-i've ridden it for about 10 months now-nice frame-but its a chunk-you can beat it with a hammer and not hurt it though-anyway-i'm runnin holy rollers which i highly suggest-but i would stay away from a rigid fork-i have a khs dirt fork on there now which is suspension corrected at 80mm and my bike is still runnin about a 72 degree head angle-wayyyyyy to steep-this bike needs at least a 100mm fork-anyway i got used to it but i am about to put a pike on there with lock out which should allow me to ride anything. The SS dropouts are very cool but can be finicky-i've already gone through a set of aluminum dropouts cuz aluminum sux!(one stripped out when the frame arrived bent from shipping and the other bent in a crash making disc brakes drag)-i also put discs on about 6 weeks ago and will never go back-trials action was almost impossible with this chunk of a bike with only v-bakes to stop-i rode more street and dirt jump but still wanted suthin with more oooomh-and got that with the discs-i would stay away from the hs-33's because i constantly knocked my rims out of true ( Sun BMF's no less)-and the hs-33s would drag like my vbrakes did-i'm running SS right now-25/14 no less and it feels exactly like a bmx bike-i've had no problem with the SS and it is super relaible but i'm gunna put a 1x9 setup on when i scrounge up some more dough so i can trailride this beast-those are my suggestions to tame this frame-she is strong and not light-take that into consideration for part choices-if you want pix of my ride check out www.unrealcycles.com and search the gallery for the voodoo shango-hope this helps-email me with questions