jfmckenna
Tiocfáidh ár Lá

Bikes: A whole bunch-a bikes.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 463 Post(s)
Liked 123 Times in 76 Posts
Originally Posted by Peek the Geek
I just took my Brooks Swift off of my bike. It just didn't work out for me. It wasn't bad, but my Fizik fits me better.

That's not to say I'm now anti-Brooks, though. On the contrary. I'll probably try a Team Pro next.
Does it just need to break in a bit more?

btw if you want to get rid of it please let me know. I have some saddles to trade too.

---

I was probably the most skeptical of all people about Brooks saddles. I used to get annoyed on BF when some one would make a "Best Saddle" post and all the Brooks worshipers would come out of hiding touting there beloved brooks saddle. At one time I said I would never put a "Bricks" saddle on my bike. Then something happened, well actually I went through 10 different saddles at me LBS before finally finding one that I could tolerate. But even this one, the Terry Zero, would hurt after about 80 miles. I just thought that that was the way it is. You see my right sit bone protrudes a little more then my left so there really is no way I can ever get comfy on a plastic saddle.

So finally I caved in, I went to my LBS and got a B17. I thought at first I will at least try it so I put it on my touring bike as these saddles are not conducive to the aero position like on a racing bike or so I was told. At first it was not that great but it really was not a whole lot different then what I had on. Now it's like the melted butter on your bagel. It is the single most comfortable thing I have ever sat on. I have seen the light praise Brooks. I was just looking at it last night and I could see that the right side of the saddle was a little more dented in then the left which proves that indeed it breaks into your personal anatomy. I don't feel any pressure on the perineum too.

So I went and got me a Brooks Swift TI saddle for my racing bike and so far that thing is just about to crack. It's just about to conform to my anatomy and it's only been about 300 miles with several Proofhide applications.

All I can say is just give it a try you have nothing to loose.