Old 05-26-06, 01:20 PM
Miller2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kayakado
Okay the other thread on what not to do on BJ really pushed my buttons. Her's my response.

5. Don't pose any questions until you hung around for awhile and searched the archives. Your question has probably been answered a million times (conservative estimate). People get tired of answering the same questions over and over, and assume you are lazy or so hopeless incompetent and helpless that they go for blood.
4. Same answer as above. Most choices at a certain point become just individual preferences based on prejudices.

3. If you begin a post that says I'm _____tall and weigh ______...........don't follow that with "what size should I get"....people have different riding styles, different goals and body types are well, fairly unique. No one can tell you what size bike you should get on a online forum. That goes for seats, shoes, jerseys, helmets, etc. We are not your mother!

2. If boasting offends you, you are in the wrong place. What better place to boast and make up crap about how good you are than on the most anonymous vehicle in the universe - the internet forum. Be an adult and realize where you are - yes, you will likely get flamed but get over it. It is not as personal as you think. They don't even know you. They are a nameless person on a keyboard somewhere who thinks they have made up the cleverest of screen names and chosen the most creative avatar.

1. Some of us are lucky and have wonderful guys at our LBS. In a town that has some crappy ones, I had to test the waters and find the good ones. Read, lurk and search the archives - gain some knowledge of your own don't rely on others for everything you know. Even the good LBS guys don't want to spoon feed those who have no ambition to learn on their own. Do some reading and ask some intelligent questions and you will earn their respect.

Incorrect. Just look at all the folks who respond to the same old questions over and over again. They may quickly chastise the newbie but they answer anyway. That tells me most folks her DONT mind.

Oh and if it bothers you to see the same questions over an over feel free not to respond.