View Single Post
Old 05-29-06, 04:14 PM
meridianholmes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks guys. Great info indeed! My buddy just picked up at Trek SU100 and that is what prompted me to look for a new bike. The SU100 is a nice bike but I wanted something alittle different from what he just bought. I think it's down the the Trek 7.3FX or the Specialized Sirrus. Here is what I see when riding:

* 80%: Paved Bike Trailed // 10% Unpaved Bike Trail but it is made of small fine gravel and so the trail is still a smooth ride // 10% City

* 80% Fitness // 20% Leasure

I assume with the fatter tires on the Trek 7.3FX, it will be more versatile with the unpaved trails and city riding.

I plan to visit the bike stores tomorrow but have a couple of questions before I go in:

1. Is one bike lighter than the other (Trek 7.3FX vrs. Specialized Sirrus) or at that price range, they are all about the same weight.

2. Is the Trek 7.3FX lighter/Specialized Sirrus lighter than my friend's SU100? I couldn't find the weights on Trek's Website. I find my friend's SU100 not too heavy but also not that light either. I prefer a lighter bike but I know it would cost alot more.

3. Does Disc Brakes add alot more weight to the bike? I know shockes do but just in case I find one at a special price with Disc Brakes and it doesn't add much more weight, I might go for it.

4. Can the Trek 7.3FX and the Specialized Sirrus be taken on unpaved dirt and grass trails that are more smooth than rough (just incase there is a time I need too)?

5. Where is the best price online to purchase a Trek or Specialized?

Thanks again...just want to be fully informed before I go compare the bikes at the store.