Old 05-30-06, 10:01 AM
gboy
accident-prone

Bikes: Brodie Romax Cyclocross

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Holy traffic yesterday, Batman! It took me 3 hours to get downtown yesterday for the pancake breakfast and as soon as I got past Finch on Yonge it was mostly lane-splitting. I'm especially grateful that the breakfast was free - I had a few soya milk drinks, some pancakes, a croissant, a few orange slices, a couple cups of coffee; and I went back again for lunch (but no free tshirt). Traffic was worst around the 401, what with all the stupid drivers trying to get on the highway. Oh, and I saw sonumblant and shiznaz at city hall. I even got to ride a messenger's fixie afterwards on the grass - the feeling of having to constantly pedal is really crazy; I'll have to get used to that.

After lunch I saw X3 with a friend at Market Square; it was awesome!

I didn't leave Toronto until around 6, and again, it was all lane-splitting up to Finch on Yonge. I didn't even bother taking the space between the two lanes; I just rode up on the left beside the yellow line. I saw so many single commuters that I wanted to throtle them and tell them it was a smog day. I felt sorry for the motorcyclists as they were stuck in traffic as I passed them; but my head exploded when the scooter drivers tried using the empty space in the curb lane (but got stopped anyways as he couldn't move around the irregularly stopped cars). It was so freakin' hot that I had to buy some gatorade at the food basics north of Finch.