View Single Post
Old 05-31-06, 11:06 AM
Veloduo
RIDING CLEAN!

Bikes: 1998 Santana Arriva, 2005 Shameless Taiwanese Rip-off of a Storied French Marque, 1980 Colnago Super, 2005 Giant OCR2.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mollusk
OK, I'm going to thumb my nose at the cycling Gods. After riding since the 1970's with toeclips (and never falling) I finally went clipless in mid-December 2005 on one of my bikes. After 2500 miles on that bike I still have not fallen. I'm calling BS on the notion that you must fall if riding clipless. (If I fall tomorrow I will be back to post about it and offer my humble apologies to the cycling Gods.)
Too freakin' late, my friend. You done messed up now! The cycling immortals are, at this very moment, plotting an incredibly heinous and shaming tumble for you. Oh, you may 'escape' for a few days/weeks/months/years, etc. But rest assured: they're just jacking with you, lulling you into the falsest of senses of security. Could happen ANY time . . . just imagine -- in your dotage, being wheeled about in a chair, and up jumps a nasty curb or something and WHAMMO! Or you've kicked it, and you figure you're home free. I mean, what can possibly happen to you when you're actually gone? Au contraire, mon frere! Six of your most faithful pals are solemnly toting your casket out the church door when WOOPSY DAISY -- WHAMMO! They dump you on your dearly departed a$$ . . .

It's gonna happen.