Old 06-05-06, 07:25 AM
dagna

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm just glad to see OLN has finally arrived in Europe with some of their own people and audio/video equipment. What a difference in from the last few 'Cyclism Sunday' shows, which had faded, colorless, grainy video and gave the impression that the commentators could have been sitting in a studio in New York narrating a highlight reel. Even the official French race feed looks better--don't know if OLN is running it though some magic processors or they sprang for more bandwidth on the satellite, but what an improvement! Some of the interviews with the riders are interesting, too, especially when they are gracious enough to be interviewed while warming up. There wasn't any of that in the earlier Cyclism Sunday coverage--just the nasty faded race footage with voice-over. Though, of course, that IS better than nothing by a long shot.

I do think OLN sometimes goes overboard with their features stuck in during race coverage (especially in the prime time TdF programs), but I thought yesterday was a nice balance.

No Bobke, though. Kinda missed him.

Dagna