Old 06-05-06, 10:44 PM
Wavshrdr
Folding bike junkie!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
You don't want much do you...

Having said that, I don't know of anything that will fit your bill. The best riding 16" tires (erto 349) and that are actually very fast would be the Greenspeed Scorchers. You can go from low to high pressure and get them in a TR (thorn resistant) version. Another very fast 16" tire that doesn't ride as well as the Scorchers, is the Brompton ones (their label is on them). I've tried both tires and they are super fast. Probably the 2 fastest of all the 16" tires. Air them down and they both ride pretty well. The Scorchers were pretty much custom built for the legendary Greenspeed trikes from Down Under.

Both (actually all 3) of these tires are some of the fastest tires (low rolling resistance) you will find in any tire size. Very low energy input needed to make these puppies roll. Zach Kaplan sells the Scorchers and so do others. As usual Google and you will find an online source. Any Brompton dealer can get you the Brompton tires. If you don't know one try Calhoun Cycles in Minneapolis. Sometimes they have them on sale. Picked up my last Bromptons for about $24/each.