View Single Post
Old 06-30-03, 02:37 PM
caroljm36

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally posted by late

The best cycling sock I know of is by Smartwool; but these require hand washing and then you dry them by hanging them up. And you never, ever, wring the water out. A pain to wash, but they are heavenly.
Thanks--are this THIN socks? Yesterday I was thinking how awfully thick all my cycling socks seem to be. It can't help. I would love to get some better shoes but I think it'll have to wait until next season.

I did check out the BG shoes and I'm not convinced that even more compression under the sole, no matter where the bump is placed, is going to help. In fact I read some bike commentator who said he or his buddy actually cut a hole in the insole to relieve the pressure??? Think it was that roadbike newsletter.

And cardiac problems?? I'm a hypochondriac and haven't been able to convince my Dr. that I'm gonna have a heart attack. She did offer to let me do my 3rd treadmill, but again, think it's got to wait until next season. I decided to hell with her, I'll die with my boots on, out on the road doing a killer hill, and THAT'll show her!