Old 06-07-06, 02:15 PM
FormerBMX'er

Bikes: 2011 Tsunami, 2004 Fuji Team Issue and More!!!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Former LBS Salesman/Fitter Says You All Are Wrong!

I swung past the LBS where I bought my Lemond last year riding my newish FormerBMX'er built Fuji. He inquired about the Lemond, I said I still have it but it's too big (55cm w/56.5cm t-t). He seemed uncertain, but I told him I had to install a 80mm stem to get the fit right (long legs/short torso).

He agreed the stem was short, but told me I could adjust the fit by "Moving The Saddle Forward". I mentioned KOPS, but he dismissed it as if it bore little importance. He mentioned something about Lemonds having slacker seat-tubes and that there was room to come forward. The Lemond has the same seat-tube angle as my Fuji and the Fuji a much better fit (54cm w/55.0 cm t-t).

I decided long ago that I would never buy another bike there as I shouldn't need an 80mm stem to get the fit right. Even if I did move the saddle and kept the 100mm, there's now way I'll get 20mm worth of saddle adjustment alone, I'd prolly need a zero offset seatpost as well. Now I understand why I never got fitted, mis-sized and eventually screwed, BTW way I was there to get a spare tube .

Last edited by FormerBMX'er; 06-07-06 at 02:43 PM.