Old 06-07-06, 03:04 PM
FormerBMX'er

Bikes: 2011 Tsunami, 2004 Fuji Team Issue and More!!!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by howsteepisit
Lets see, a difference in TT length of 1.5 cm, thats oh, 0.6 inch. Get real. thats not a signifiant difference. How long of stem do you think is corect by the way? the difference between 80 cm and 100 cm is still less than an inch. I find more difference due to early/late season flexabilty and conditioning to make a greater difference than that. It probably more the overall geometry of the frame than anything about the fit.
Yeah, over 100miles that makes absolutely no difference...come on! I actually wanted a t-t of 54.5 but that seems to be an odd length. I just swapped the Fuji down to a 90mm stem and it feels just right which means I could have gone slightly shorter on the t-t (100mm stem ideally) which tells me the Lemond is waaayyyyy to friggin long.

It's a good thing bike manufactures don't go by your "less than an inch" thinking...there would be a lot gaps in frame sizes if they did (ie...Lemond 53cm, the bike I should have wouldn't exist).

This isn't about the difference in the two frames, it's about him telling me to move the saddle forward to get a proper fit.

Last edited by FormerBMX'er; 06-07-06 at 04:13 PM.