Old 06-07-06, 07:37 PM
marqueemoon
or tarckeemoon, depending

Bikes: Davidson Impulse, Merckx Titanium AX, Bruce Gordon Rock & Road, Cross Check custom build, On-One Il Pomino, Shawver Cycles cross, Zion 737, Mercian Vincitore, Brompton S1L, Charge Juicer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by FormerBMX'er
I was never fitted, that's the problem. I'm in part guilty for not doing enough homework and not insisting on being fitted, but it was my first bike and it was before I was a BF member.

I'm not saying this is true in your case but I think a lot of people approach buying a bike like buying a car. They act confident and put out the appearance that they know exactly what they want so as not to be upsold or suckered into buying bells and whistles they don't think they need. I think many salespeople would rather avoid a potential confrontation than have a customer walk away.

Riding a bike isn't cake either. A little discomfort is part of the deal. I think many noobs write off signs of problems that can do real damage in their excitement. In a perfect world the shop should be there to say "You seem a little stretched out on this frame. I have a 54 on order and it should be here and built up at the end of the week. I can give you a call when it's ready so you can try it.". In the real world of consumerism there is a little less patience on both sides.