Old 06-08-06, 08:38 PM
DnvrFox
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Digital Gee
To what extent does the mood you're in impact the kind of ride you have, if it does, and how does a ride affect your mood, if it does?
My wife and I need some form of exercise daily. Period. It may be a bike ride, or it may be a long walk, or it may be on the treadmill or trainer in winter. It has become addicting, I guess. But, as addictions go, I can't think of a better addiction.

If we don't get the exercise our mood (and our sleep pattern) goes rapidly down hill. If we get our exercise, it goes rapidly uphill.

I frequently approach my rides with a different "mood." This morning, for example, I felt a bit tired and wasted (I hit it real hard two days ago and have not yet fully recovered) so I deliberately set my mood on "slow and discover." Go slow, look at new places, relax, and really enjoy the roses. I even stopped for breakfast along the way. So my ride was influenced by my pre-ride "mood." That doesn't mean I didn't have a great time, I did. Just a different kind of great time.

I sometimes compare my bicycling to different kind of vehicles.

Somedays I am a sports car. Or I may be a tour bus. Or, perhaps a Buick, just cruising along. Then again, I may feel like a Jeep and crank out the Mtn Bike. Today, I took the Lemond because I have been riding the Windsor "utility" road bike a lot, and wanted something different. Today I was a sleek but deliberate Convertible.

And, it is on those rides that I think up things like starting the 50+ Forum, the 50+BFBS Index, the Rogue's Gallery and the like.

Perhaps I should stop riding?

Last edited by DnvrFox; 06-08-06 at 09:01 PM.