Old 06-11-06, 08:53 PM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 1,407 Times in 901 Posts
Thank God your melon is okay!

Regarding multiple impacts. Any helmet that withstands any kind of really hard impact I would replace, cracked or not - who knows what is happening under that plastic shell? You don't know if the foam is compressed or damaged unless you remove the shell to inspect it. My friend regularly would take off his motorcycle helmet and throw (bounce) it across the garage. We kept warning him not to do that. He said that if it could withstand a crash, it could withstand the impact. One day his brother and I decided to take that beat up old thing and rip it apart. Sure enough, under the shell it was all deformed and compacted - damaged - from his repeated abuse of it. So we hurried up and got him a new one before he got mad. Boy was he surprised at the potential for failure. Now he keeps the new one nicely on the shelf.

You never know what lurks below...
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.