webist
Huachuca Rider

Bikes: Fuji CCR1, Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Roody
It looks like the forum administration is starting to move any threads that are "too political" to P & R or Foo. Koffee Brown moved two in the past 24 hours.

One move I can understand. My own thread, "Why America can't win a war" arguably was too political for this thread, and maybe moving it to P & R was a good idea. (Of course, I can also think of several reasons why it should not have been moved, if there had ever been a discussion of the issue.)

But I sure can't see any sense to moving jayhuse's thread, "How much is your car costing you?" to Foo. Koffee said that the thread was in no way "relevant to cycling." That's crazy talk! One of the main reasons for people to ride bikes is the cost of the car! In fact, I believe this is one of Koffee's own reasons for riding a bike. How then is car costs irrelevant to cycling and especially carfree cycling?

I very much enjoy and benefit from "practical" threads that include tips on trailers and panniers. But we can only go so far with this kind of thread. Many, maybe most of us, do have a political or environmentalist reason for being carfree. We hope to convince othes that these reasons are valid and relevant to their own cycling lives. Eliminating discussion of these issues, in my opinion, will make this whole forum irrelevant and barely worth reading.

I'm confused, or perhaps you are. Did you say that the discussions were "eliminated" or simply moved? I believe you are quite wrong to imply censorship when what is really happening is good management.

In short, Yes. I believe it is correct for moderators to moderate.