View Single Post
Old 06-13-06, 06:09 PM
recbike

Bikes: 2001 Lemond Buenos Aries

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wouldn't going from aluminum to carbon fiber be stronger strength wise? Is there a reason why I would want less carbon than more?
Answer to barba: I have a 1" setup and your right about the quill. It has the stock carbon fork which is a Icon Carbon Classic fork. The LBS I got it from says its an ok fork but it can be a lot better. I am ok by the way. I was climbing up hill so I was at about 10 mph at the time of the failure.
I went to Performance to check out the items in question and its for a 1" steerer tube setup. I handled each item and they seem in very good quality but thats not saying much if there not assembled on a bike. The shop said I have 90 days to return it if I don't like it.
I thought about just getting handlebars but I thought I might get something a little lighter, hopefully stronger and stiffer. I partially disassembled my headset and quill to measure the tube and the quill and handlebar setup is much heavier than the stem/handlebar I was looking at. I want to do as much research as possible before the purchase of a whole steering group. I spent a lot of time researching new wheels when that came about also. Thanks for the input. Please don't hesitate to give more advice.