Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cmktech
I would go hardrock pro like I did
lol... of course you would go with the hardrock pro like you did. XD

Originally Posted by campayne
dont get the comp all componets on it are ****ty, i build thease bikes for a living
so, you build these for a living? i thought rockhoppers are made in china/taiwan...
plus, one of the reasons i'm choosing the rockhopper is that the general mix of components matches my needs. tora fork, deore/lx drivetrain, bb5 discs, those are really good for the price range the comp disc is in.

Originally Posted by g3ck0
what pedals do you guys recommend instead of the stock ones?
well, i'd just get some good wellgo platforms, and i'm done. not ones with extra long studs like on my fusion (wellgo 'big flats', not listed on site, studs stick out more than any other platform i've seen, even other wellgos... rip the hell outta my shins whenever i slip on them, i got little gashes everywhere at the front of my shins).

yeah i'm kinda in between xc and agressive, but i'm more xc. lol. i love the hardrock pro's look, with the beefy black and silver frame, the purposely 'messy' logo, font and paint splash, even the "single track" decals and 2.2 enduros add up to one of the nicest bikes i've seen so far, period. but i think it's a little flashy for me, and plus i want a frame that can be even more maxed out xc-wise. I've seen rockhoppers go to about 20 pounds, but with the hardrock you have too heavy of a frame to start with.

the fact that the exact same frame from the pro comes on the sport kinda turns me off... since i see a ton of hardrocks everywhere simply because it's specialized's entry level. i've ridden my friend's sport disc 05 and i don't enjoy it as much as the rockhopper, it just rides different. and plus it's a little on the heavy side for me, and overkill in terms of toughness. well it might only be because he has a 19 inch frame and i ride 17...

still i'm going to test ride it and give it a second chance who knows i might even get it... i like that it has sram.

Last edited by cream.soda; 06-14-06 at 09:36 PM.