Old 06-19-06, 04:45 PM
cream.soda
Bikeless Member

Bikes: none :(

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Is it practical (and probable, without spending 1500 more on it) to build a rockhopper frame like this to a bike that weighs in around 25 pounds? right now i think it's 29/30, and my 05 rocky mountain fusion weighs 31 (but it actually has a less beefy frame).

do the tire levers that come on multitools work well enough to change the tires on those rims? i really hope i don't scratch the black off the rim when i'm changing tires... that happened to my current bike. stands out too much.. -_-

if only the rockhopper looked just like this year's stumpjumpers in terms of paint... o well they're gonna phase out this 'punk' style so it'll be uh.. "exclusive"?

to answer the above question, tax in ontario is 15 percent, and the bike is currently being sold there for 1050 + tax. so it would make the bike 1265 normally without haggling.

- i'm thinking of haggling the price to a flat $1000 cash (canadian funds) for the bike (since it's the end of the bike season),
- ask to change the tires to roll-x pros...(or whatever cheapest roll-x tire u can get with the white "specialized" across the side, i love that)
- as well as put these stock adrenaline tires on my older bike (not bought from this store),
- and even maybe ask to swap out those pedals for platforms...

is that WAAAY too much to ask for? (discount + change out tires + new tires + new pedals)

please post your haggling experiences here.. about how much you can get away with without pissing them off lol...

Last edited by cream.soda; 06-19-06 at 04:50 PM.