Old 06-19-06, 04:53 PM
Chone

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cream.soda
Is it practical (and probable, without spending 1500 more on it) to build a rockhopper frame like this to a bike that weighs in around 25 pounds? right now i think it's 29/30, and my 05 rocky mountain fusion weighs 31 (but it actually has a less beefy frame).

do the tire levers that come on multitools work well enough to change the tires on those rims? i really hope i don't scratch the black off the rim when i'm changing tires... that happened to my current bike. stands out too much.. -_-

if only the rockhopper looked just like this year's stumpjumpers in terms of paint... o well they're gonna phase out this 'punk' style so it'll be uh.. "exclusive"?

i'm probably going to haggle to a flat $1000 cash (canadian funds) for the bike (since it's the end of the bike season), and ask to change the tires to roll-x pros... as well as put these adrenalines on my older bike and even maybe ask to swap out those pedals... is that WAAAY too much to ask for? (discount + change out tires + new tires + new pedals)

to answer the above question, tax in ontario is 15 percent, and the bike is currently being sold there for 1050 + tax. so it would make the bike 1265 normally without haggling.
They (my LBS) wanted me to pay 1200$ something for my RH lol, I walked out of the store with my Rockhopper and an Azonic T-55 (goes for 150$ at my store) for the amount on 1150$ haggling is great, just make sure you come back for the inevitable upgradres. By the way, its not too much to ask for IF you let them keep the old components so they can sell them or use them however they can, asking for free components and haggling is pushing it.

I already chipped off little pieces of paint off my DS2+XC because getting tires out of it is a royal pain in the ass but whatever, it doesn't stand out much though, just make sure you are gentle about it, tire levers should be great, even if they came with the multitool.