Old 06-21-06, 12:55 PM
JoeOxfordCT
JoeWolcottCT

Bikes: Cannondale

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Seatpost Rack & Pack for MTB Recommendation ?

Hi All,

I ride an mtb, on the road primarily and I would like to pick up a rack/pack combo for some century rides I do and because I want to try commuting to work one day a week (30 miles round trip). For the work commute I would just be carrying in my (big ) lunch. I would bring in clothes to wear on the previous day. I was never a big fan of seatpost rack because they all looked like they were about to either snap off at the seatpost, or snap the seatpost off entirely.. However, my old Delta rack doesn't seem to work on my bike, an '05 Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo. The metal straps that attach to the seatstays aren't long enough. So now I am giving the seatpost racks a second look. I will never carry anywhere near the 25lb limit of most racks. Most of the time it will just be lunches, water bottles, DVDs I ride to return to the rental store, etc.

I had my eye on this setup from LL Bean:
http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/sto...=37086#details

Even though I know they had nothing to do with the manufacture of either the rack or pack LL Bean is great to deal with customer service wise so if there's a problem I know they'll make good.

However, I thought I'd run this through the forums first to see if there's anything in particular I should look for or stay away from.

I appreciate your feedback !!

Joe
Oxford, CT. USA.