Old 06-23-06, 11:31 AM
cuda2k
Unique Vintage Steel

Bikes: Kirk Frameworks JKS-C, Serotta Nova, Gazelle AB-Frame, Fuji Team Issue, Surly Straggler

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 225 Times in 56 Posts
Originally Posted by El Diablo Rojo
From Lance's apperance on Larry King live after the L'Equip article

"The testing lab seriously violated two WADA [World Anti-Doping Agency] protocols." He repeated the same flat statement he's made for seven years, that he never used EPO or any other doping agent during his professional cycling career. Prompted by Costas, Armstrong did agree that EPO was part of his chemotherapy during his epic battle with testicular cancer, but "the last time I used it was late 1996"—well before his first win in the Tour de France in 1999.

I think the word NEVER was used here.
Interesting that the "last time was late 1996" from above, and that these statements were supposed to have been made late October of the same year. Which means, unless his cancer treatment EPO use was from Nov-Dec 1996 only, then LA's statement to the doctors did mean cancer related uses.

It is unfortunate that racers feel they have to dope to level the playing field when so many use them. How do you stop it? I think it would be easier to answer questions like curing cancer or world peace. Short of banning each and every racer now in the peloton and raising a new group of riders from infants with implanted 'PED sensors' there will always be ways around testing. Building a better mouse trap just makes for smarter mice.